FREEVOLT's album "CALL ME AT NIGHT" available for purchase on CD and for listening on:
FREEVOLT is an underground, indie and alternative rock band created in 2008 by
Frédéric Rességuier (Fredox) and Frédéric Pasco (Muppet).
The duo were rapidly joined by Philippe Neil (Filou) and Philippe Jitnikoff (Koff).
May 2013, Koff flew off to new adventures abroad and Charles Tilly (Charly) joined the band.
In December 2013, Charly left the band to explore new musical paths.
In January 2014, Dan Laurens joined Freevolt as second guitarist and vocalist.
March 2015, FREEVOLT decided to take a few months break to concentrate on other professional and personal projects.
June 2016, FREEVOLT is back with a few mega projects in the pipeline... recording, tours, showcases, interviews...
All four guys share an undying passion for indie rock and live performances,
have great on-stage experience and know how to get a crowd moving.
(Over 90 gigs in gig venues, pubs, niteclubs, studio showcases, festivals, etc.
throughout France, Canada, Northern Ireland).
FREEVOLT's great spirit, energy and love of live & direct make the band one-of-a-kind and quite unique
on the French and European scene.
Fredox - lead vocals & bass
Mup - drums
Filou - guitar & backing vocals
Dan - guitar & backing vocals
Each gig is pure pleasure, a one-of-a-kind experience, full of electrifying thrills and unexpected twists and turns...
from Fredox's inimitable smoky vocals to Lolo's juiced-up chords, Max's punk 'n' stoner finger-tricks and
Guigui's sensational mental beats.
These free electrons invite us on a journey through a weaveworld of incredible sounds.
- FREEVOLT's first EP "The Otherside", released in 2009, was recorded, mixed and produced by Philippe Palanque in Montreal.
- In 2011, they hit Montreal for a 4-gig tour, then headed back to France for several dates in the South-West.
- The band's first album "Call Me At Night", recorded in March 2012 at Studio 33 in Normandy, was
publicly released at the end of 2012 and has since been regularly aired on over 70 radio stations,
webradios and webTV in France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Canada and is currently starting to have worldwide exposure.
- October 2013, FREEVOLT invaded Northern Ireland for their IRISH TOUR 2013… Belfast, Derry, Bangor, north coast…
where they gigged alongside some of the country’s well-known rock and punk bands like The Wood Burning Savages,
Control Zone, Stop Stop Start Again, No Matter and Shock Treatment 21.
- End 2013 and early 2014, gigs in France saw them play with a range of French bands such as
Penny Was Right, Deeva, 2Sisters, Ze Duo, Empreintes, Red Lemons, DAL, etc.
- The band was selected as 1 of the 10 winners (out of a 60-band contest, where the public voted via Internet
for the best bands) to feature on a compil CD that is distributed in rock bars, cafés, clothes shops etc throughout
Europe (via Dooweet.org) and have been interviewed for quite a few cable TVs, web TVs and webradios over
the last few months.
- February 2014, FREEVOLT was chosen as one of the 20 bands to be featured on the Ile de France region
compil CD "Plus de Musique 2014".
- Spring 2014 they took to the stage in Covent Garden Studios, the Gibus Café, Kiosques en Scène before heading down
to Lyon for the 3-day/3-nite Gones’n’live Festival where gigged with well-known French bands like Café Bertrand,
Cause, Jezebellia, etc.
- June 2014 FREEVOLT played the 2-day BBA Punk Festival in Bangor, Northern Ireland along with mythic bands GBH, The Outcasts,
The Defects, King Kurt, Paranoid Visions, and more, then returned to France for a gig at Le Forum Vaurel for the Fête de la Musique.
- Summer break, then autumn, winter and early 2015 gigs in the Gibus Café, Ad'Hoc, La Salamandre and Covent Garden with The Outcasts, mythic punk band from Belfast who hadn't gigged in Paris since 1984!- In March 2015, the band decided to take a fifteen month break to concentrate on other professional and personal projects.
- June 2016, FREEVOLT is back with a few mega projects in the pipeline...
recording, tours, showcases, interviews...
This summer is gonna be hot workwise “backstage”! A few cool surprises
will be announced in Sept 2016. Stay tuned for news!